Saturday, January 17, 2009

A trade?

A coworker has offered me an interesting trade recently--he has a Smith and Wesson MP15 with a detatchable carry handle for my FN Five-Seven. On the one hand, I don't have an AR, but the Five-Seven is harder to replace. The values are approximately the same, and it's really a fair trade. I have been considering an AR, but I haven't considered getting rid of the FN.
It WOULD cut down on the number of calibers I keep on hand, but it would also rid me of an amazing little gun that I do enjoy and would like to have in a SHTF situation.
The funny thing is that the coworker just bought the S&W, hasn't fired it, and could theoretically have purchased an FN instead.
I'm not going to make the trade, though I'll admit I was tempted.

3 comments:

theotherryan said...

An AR can do a lot that an FN five- seven can't. In terms of your overall collection it would be an upgrade. The FN five seven seems cool though.

Drew said...

Well, I have a Mini-14 already, which kind of makes up for the lack of an AR.

theotherryan said...

I did not know you had a mini. Eliminating a caliber would be nice but you would add another mag so that is a wash.

I suppose the same way he could have bought an FN you could have bought an MP15 had you wanted one.