Monday, September 01, 2008

New acquisition

A few people told me to be wary of a recent purchase. They looked at the gun and figured it might be unsafe to fire. Of course, they had their reasons to doubt.

The barrel is a bit rusty...
It's not pretty, but it'll send shot downrange.

The receiver, too, has some cosmetic problems:

And the buttplate is a bit banged-up:
The parts may be crap, but you put it all together, and you've got a Firefly...erm, I mean, you have a Beretta AL2. (Sorry...I couldn't resist abusing a Firefly quote.)
And, really, for a $35 shotgun, it's pretty amazing.

It's kind of a funny story, too. A guy sold it to the Gun Library, and they gave him $25, since neither he nor they could put it together (they only bought it because he was selling several guns all at the same time). One of the guys then offered me the gun for $35 if I could put it together. I looked at it for a second, flipped one part around, and had it together in a moment. He cursed a bit, but there'd been witnesses to the promise, so I got it for $35. The wood's in good condition, everything is definitely functional, and a little work'll even make it look pretty decent.

Fixed choke, 3" capable, and semi-auto. I wasn't looking for it, but I definitely got a good gun.

1 comment:

Hammer said...

Yeah, if you were to buy a comparable gun new it would be what $900?

A little bit of TLC and that Beretta will be great.

It amazes me what people will do to a nice gun.