Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hammer's new meme

You just won the mega powerball jackpot to the tune of 150 million dollars (after taxes)

1. What would be the very first thing you would do? Buy some land.

2. Where would you choose to live? I'd like to live on enough land to build a decent range, have some space, and build a home large enough to raise a family in (though I suppose the house might get depressing if I never do start a family)

3. What kind of house would you live in? It'd be something simple, livable, and made by an architect, rather than erected from a preexisting blueprint.

4. What kind of car would you buy?
I'd probably go for a reasonable family car and a reasonable pickup or SUV.

5. Where would you vacation? If I don't have a family, I might travel if I feel like it, but I'd likely be content to stay local. If I have a family, we could have nice, relaxing, domestic vacations, and maybe one or two trips abroad (though quite possibly not).

6. Would you have anything on your body fixed? No. I'm used to it as-is. Why renovate?

7. What kind of hobbies would you engage in? I'd keep shooting, but in my own range.

8. What charities would you donate to? I like Hammer's idea of a very low interest business loan, and I'd donate to folks like JPFO, who help fight for our rights.

9. Would you give money to your relatives? No. Not unless there was an actual need.

10.Would you run away from your current life? Only my job and apartment, and they hardly comprise a life.

11. Would you continue to work? I'd write, maybe teach, or maybe start a business. I wouldn't be in retail ever again, though.

12. Would the money change you in any way? It might ease my stress levels, but I dislike pretentious people and places, so I wouldn't become one of those people.

I don't generally tag, but I'm sure Hammer would be okay with anybody borrowing his meme. So feel free.

1 comment:

Hammer said...

I like the JPFO idea. I've donated to them before.

You seem pretty down to earth with your answers. I think that's probably the best way to be.