Saturday, July 12, 2008

buying habits

I enjoy odd guns. I'm about to pick up an Enfield No. 5 Mk 1 (a.k.a. the jungle carbine--I actually had a customer trying to buy it out from under me, too, snce I tend to put some money down to mull things over), I just ordered a Desert Eagle in from another store because of the price, and it looks like I'll buy it (It's blued, with wood grips, has the ability to swap out the barrel, and is in like new condition), and I have an XD-M on layaway.

Just to recap, that is a rare .303, a ridiculous .50 handgun, and a pretty good .40. Not to mention the other random stuff I already have. I may not get the DE, since there is absolutely no logical justification for it beyond the fact that I'd be able to get more than I paid out of it when I get bored of it. And that's no reason to buy a gun. Well, not to buy that particular gun, at least. If I can make that argument for a more utilitarian purchase, maybe.

Y'know, something cool, like a Five Seven.

2 comments:

theotherryan said...

I owned a few odd balls myself and ended up getting rid of them. To each their own but odd balls (caliber, make, model) tend to be odd balls for a reason.

Drew said...

I know they are oddballs for a reason. The .303 is hardly an oddball, and that's about the oddest caliber I currently own. And I think I'm going to end up turning down the DE. I just can't justify the money for the ridiculous handgun.