Monday, August 13, 2007

RECORD TEMPS!!!...in the 1930s.

Good thing I read blogs. If I relied entirely upon the MSM, I would've missed NASA's quiet correction of temperature data.

Turns out that 5 of the 10 hottest years on record were pre-WWII. And the 1930s were the hottest decade on record. While the corrections were only 1-2%, it's a pretty big deal when they change the fundamental conclusions.

We are not facing the highest temperatures on record. We should take that into consideration when spreading panic about global warming. The one assumption the hysteria hinges upon is the idea that we're facing the highest temperatures on record. If we have had higher, and nature quietly did her work without human attempts to "fix" the "problem," we need to reexamine the push for carbon offsets and whatnot.

Don't get me wrong--I am not asking people to pollute all over the place. I've been to LA. I don't care for the smog. Just don't worry too much about the polar ice cap or whatnot.

Hat tip to the Liberty Sphere for pointing me to this.

No comments: