Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Gun-free victim zones

Farmgirl recently posted an interesting and thorough discussion on the topic of gun-free zones at colleges.
She did leave out the fact that there was one man at VT who had the courage to charge the shooter. Liviu Librescu, a holocaust survivor and professor, charged the shooter, putting himself between the threat and his students. But she's right to point out that ours is a culture of submission, which is horrible. I've written about it many times already, so I'll spare my regular readers my own rantings on the subject. Just go read her take.

1 comment:

farmgirl said...

Thanks for linking me!

And I do apologize for leaving out Mr. Librescu's act. I can only blame writing from faulty memory on that one. As I mentioned in my post, there are bound to be things that I just don't know about, and apparently that I've forgotten about.

Thanks again!