Saturday, July 14, 2007

Presidential Picks

A lot of folks have asked me for predictions on the nominations for the Presidency. They never understand why I just get frustrated by all this.

Name recognition has brought Hillary Clinton, John McCain, and Rudy Giuliani to the forefront. Love them or hate them, America knows these names.

Barack Obama is riding on his charisma (and doing well, too). Mitt Romney has been sucking up to every group who'll listen.

Fred Thompson has been hoping to win with wit, not to mention the fact that he's an actor, which reminds some of Reagan.

Ron Paul has attempted to win with honesty and straightforwardness...and the public will have none of that.

While a person can make predictions 'til he's blue in the face, it won't do any good to guess who'll win the nominations, pair up candidates, or sit here analyzing the polls. Do I think a Giuliani/Romney vs. Obama/Clinton scenario is likely? Yeah, a bit...but it's far too early to really guess. I'd love to see Ron Paul win the Republican nomination, but can I expect it? Probably not.

I'll encourage others to vote for Ron Paul, but I'm aware that some just aren't comfortable with a Libertarian-leaning candidate. I just don't really like the others. I don't trust Clinton, Obama, McCain, Giuliani, or Romney with most issues, and Thompson I'm kind of undecided on. I like the guy's attitude and some of his policies, but not so many policies as to really convince me to promote him.

I don't know who'll win, and I'm not sure I want to.

No comments: