Friday, June 15, 2007

As usual, I'm confused

(This is one of those posts in which random ramblings factor in far more than republitarianism. I'm sorry.)
How am I so confused by the way things work in the present? I'm only 20-something, and I do not understand the life of my own generation.
Yesterday, as I was leaving work, my cell phone rang. The following conversation really threw me off:
"Hello?"
"Watcha doin'?"
"I'm at work."
"Security or real work?"
"Security."
"I have a question for you. On a scale of 1-10, how afraid are you of making out with girls?"
(At this point, I realized exactly who I was speaking to. It was still disconcerting.)
"Umm...that's an odd question."
"Well, there's a pretty girl over here who needs someone to make out with."
"Wait. What?"
"Well, she's kind of upset about some things, so she needs someone to make out with. You were the first person that came to mind."
"Wait. I was the first person you thought of? That doesn't sound accurate. Do I know her?"
"Well, you're fairly athletic, a nice guy, and you are good-looking. I don't know if you're a good kisser...but I don't think I've ever kissed you."
"You did. Drunken truth or dare."
"I don't remember that...well, will you make out with her?"
"Who, when, where, and why?"
"Answer the question first. She's pretty hot."
[The conversation goes on like this for awhile, even going into a discussion about whether I'm gay. I'm not. I explain to her that I'm not actually experienced in this area. I eventually go there, if only out of sheer confusion. Turns out I did know the girl in question.]

Seriously, when did making out become something you just randomly do with whoever to let off some steam? I was under the impression that it is supposed to happen during/after a date/excessive drinking. Am I living in a world that differs that much from the world that actually exists? Or do I just know odd people?

5 comments:

Hammer said...

That is odd but after a few ice breaking cocktails it could be an option.

Drew said...

That's just the problem, Hammer...there were no drinks.

Incognito said...

You just know odd people... unless it's a new "generation" thing. In my day, we made out with people we liked, not random people we didn't know.

Mr. Oblivious said...

Incognito has it right as far as I'm concerned.

Anonymous said...

Between this and the man ass blog I'm realizing how you're the victim of sexual oppression. Sorry, dude.